As a rapidly growing workers compensation program administrator, Midwestern Insurance Alliance is always looking for career-minded individuals who want to be part of a dynamic company in which their individual contributions make a difference. If you are passionate, committed and have knowledge and talents that can translate into the the worker compensation arena, you just might be lucky enough to land a career with Midwestern Insurance Alliance.
We are actively accepting resumes for the following positions.
Workers Compensation Claims Assistant
Midwestern Insurance Alliance (MIA) is seeking a full-time Workers’ Compensation Claims Assistant to join its workers’ compensation claims processing team at its headquarters in Louisville, KY.
Workers’ Compensation Claims Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Backup for inputting of First Report of Injuries into system (iSeries platform) and related duties at time of receipt.
• Assist in obtaining police reports on accident claims.
• Manage incoming faxes and distribute to the appropriate individual for handling.
• Prepare and process outgoing mail.
• Perform as administrative assistant to the Claims Supervisors.
• Upload and index into Web Docs.
• Handle claim calls.
• Assist in other duties as requested.
The ideal Workers’ Compensation Claims Assistant will have:
• Some post-high school education and some insurance knowledge beneficial.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
• Ability to work with little supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.