Much of the underwriting process involves evaluating injury exposures and the appropriateness/effectiveness of safety management efforts. As such, a degree or experience in occupational safety is an ideal foundation for a position with Midwestern Insurance Alliance as an Underwriter Trainee. If selected, for this career-track position, you will learn the underwriting process by working hand-in-hand with Senior Underwriters. You will learn how to underwrite workers’ compensation risks through quoting, modifying, reviewing, negotiating and approving new and existing insurance policies and will build and maintain relationships with our agency partners.
Have a background in insurance underwriting already or a degree in insurance studies? We’d love to hear from you too.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or related field.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong data entry and computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Access.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.